The specific functions of the Committee include:
• To identify, monitor, and support legislation which is beneficial to the real estate industry, the public, and the owners of real property.
• To identify, monitor, and oppose legislation deemed adverse to the best interests of the real estate industry, the public, and the owners of real property.
• To keep members informed of government affairs matters which might affect the industry and private property ownership.
• To maintain regular contact with area legislators, local municipal officials and county commissioners.
• To support and work in conjunction with the CSVBR-PAC Board of Trustees and State and Local Candidate Screening Committees.
• To assist the CSVBR RPAC Committee with increasing member awareness of RPAC, its purpose, and importance.
• To foster and encourage individual REALTOR® involvement with local and county government.
• To identify and promote REALTOR® political involvement at all levels of government, and to encourage member participation in political elections.